Sunday, December 14, 2008

I have a not-so-secret obsession with secrets...

hi, i'm maryrose.
i like typing in lowercase letters. get used to it.
i avoid uppercase letters, especially caps lock (agh!), at all costs. 
i don't really know when this began, but its not due to laziness. i simply like how they look, better than uppercase. 

i don't exactly know what i will have to say in this blog i've just created. i suppose i will try to update it regularly and hope that it continues to develop itself...

i just checked postsecret, just as i do every sunday as soon as i wake up.
i suddenly realized that i have an obsession with secrets. 

i love secrets. 
i love when people expose their secrets.
i love the freedom that comes when you release a secret. 

i have mailed 2 secrets to postsecret, i think about each of them at least once a day, usually more. they've each defined my life thus far and drastically changed me. both secrets interrupted my path, the life i was content with living, and transformed me. both secrets grasped my heart so tightly that i could feel their pulse. 

if you studied each secret, you wouldn't find any obvious similarities between the two.
on the surface, they are opposites in every way. through a deeper perspective, they are undeniably similar.

they changed me.
never to return.

one person, one event, one thing can come into your life and it will never be the same. they not only become a part of your story, they change your story. without them, you would be someone completely different. 

if only we could select the people, events, and things that define our lives, we would live exactly as we wanted. but who knows what they want? not i. 

the only thing i know for certain that i want: happiness



3 comments:

  1. Well look at this- someone finally got a blog. I'm saying that like I've been doing it for years, but we both know I haven't.

    I liked this a lot. I didn't get a chance to see both of your post secrets, but did see one of them... I actually still have it, too. I'm going to keep it forever and ever.

    Keep writing on your blog. You're fun to read about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happiness is a good, solid choice =)

    glad to see you on here, stranger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH. (this has nothing to do with your wonderful post. You know what I'm talking about.) I may end up making one of these just to avoid typing my 10 page final report on the reentry and reintegration of felons into the community and government policy implications. and 2 online finals. Live Journal is getting a bit stale.

    ReplyDelete